At the most basic level, OffSite is a marketplace that enables sites or online media properties to share their audiences with advertisers. Here's an overview of the process:
- Audience owners can make audiences available on the marketplace. The price is a monthly access fee paid by advertisers.
- Advertisers can request access to an audience, which the owner needs to approve. This ensures that audience owners can protect their brand by controlling who advertises to their audience.
- Once approved, the advertiser pays the monthly access fee and can begin running campaigns against the audience — all through OffSite.
As simple as that sounds, it's worth asking, "why would a site or advertiser want to use a marketplace like OffSite?" That's a great question, especially if you run or own a site or are an advertiser.
Here's what our members find most valuable about OffSite:
For site owners:
- Overcome revenue limitations of on-site advertising and newsletter sponsorships
- Drive additional revenue without selling your data or spamming your audience
- Control who runs ads to your audience
- Access specific, 2nd-party audiences that were previously unavailable
- Drive higher ROI through 2nd-party retargeting